The refurbishment process of UV curing lamps usually includes the following steps:
- Disassembly and cleaning: First, remove the UV curing lamp from the printing equipment. Then, thoroughly clean the lamp tube and other components to remove dust, stains, and other dirt.
- Inspection and evaluation: Conduct a comprehensive inspection and evaluation of the removed UV curing lamp to determine whether damaged or aged components need to be replaced. This may include lamps, reflectors, power supplies, and other critical components. In this case, only the lighting sources parts need to be replaced.
- Replace parts: Based on the inspection results, replace the parts that need to be replaced.In this case IUV designed a group of UV curing light in 25W/cm2 Ultraviolet energy density(LED) with 200m/min max curing speed.
As in the printing process, client needs to cure gloss oil which we suggest to be crued by mercury UV curing lamp, and in the actual process the curing section may need to be changed,so we imply the LED&mercury interchangable uv system,which can automatic identification of lamp type, automatic switching of power supply mode and cooling mode, can easily meet the requirements of complex printing process for curing system.
- The Challenge:Prior to the UV system upgrade, the OMET X4 flexo printing machine relied solely on traditional mercury UV curing technology. While effective, this method posed limitations in terms of energy consumption, curing flexibility, and environmental impact. The need for a more versatile and sustainable curing solution prompted the exploration of UV system upgrades that could seamlessly integrate both LED UV and mercury UV technologies.
- The Solution:To address the challenges and capitalize on the benefits of both LED UV and mercury UV curing, a comprehensive UV system upgrade was initiated for the OMET X4. This upgrade involved the installation of a cutting-edge UV system that featured interchangeable LED UV and mercury UV modules, advanced curing control technology, and tailored configurations to accommodate the unique requirements of the OMET X4 printing machine.
- The Implementation:The UV system upgrade was meticulously executed by a team of skilled technicians, ensuring a seamless integration of both LED UV and mercury UV capabilities. The installation process involved precise calibration, comprehensive testing, and thorough training for machine operators to maximize the benefits of the new system. Additionally, stringent safety protocols and environmental compliance measures were adhered to throughout the implementation process.
- The Results:Following the UV system upgrade with interchangeable LED UV and mercury UV capabilities, the OMET X4 flexo printing machine experienced a significant enhancement in its operational versatility and environmental sustainability.
After the installation IUV run a functional testing functional testing to ensure that the refurbished UV curing lamp can function properly. This may include checking the power supply, startup and shutdown processes, testing of light intensity and radiation uniformity, etc.
All the curing system runs perfectly and the client gets a great cost save from the UV curing retrofit.
- Versatile Curing Capabilities: The integration of interchangeable LED UV and mercury UV modules provided unparalleled flexibility, allowing for seamless adaptation to diverse substrates, inks, and coatings.
- Energy Efficiency: The advanced UV system significantly reduced energy consumption, leading to substantial cost savings and a reduced environmental footprint, particularly when utilizing LED UV technology.
- Enhanced Print Quality: The precise and consistent curing provided by both LED UV and mercury UV modules resulted in superior print quality, improved adhesion, and enhanced color consistency.
- Operational Flexibility: The ability to interchange between LED UV and mercury UV technologies empowered the OMET X4 with operational flexibility, enabling it to cater to a wide range of printing requirements and applications.
- Environmental Responsibility: By incorporating both LED UV and mercury UV capabilities, the UV system upgrade contributed to a safer and more sustainable working environment, while minimizing the environmental impact associated with traditional mercury UV curing.
- The UV system upgrade with interchangeable LED UV and mercury UV capabilities for the OMET X4 flexo printing machine exemplifies the transformative potential of advanced curing technology in the printing industry. By embracing versatile and sustainable solutions, businesses can elevate their production capabilities, reduce operational costs, and contribute to a greener, more sustainable future.
At the same time, IUV needs to suggest that the renovation process of UV curing lamps requires professional technical personnel to ensure that the renovated lamps can operate normally and meet the requirements and standards of printing equipment. This can extend the service life of the equipment, improve production efficiency and quality.